* Guest Blogger: Lingerie Specialist Kristine Isberg of L`ecole Nuit Lingerie. Save 15% with coupon code ShannonMichelle.
So you finally decided to do a boudoir session, congratulations! Now, you are probably asking yourself, what do I wear? From my experience, most women doing a boudoir session have no idea where to begin to choose those important two or three outfits that will flatter their shapes as well as represent their own unique personality. Also, it is important to remember that the lingerie you purchase for your boudoir session should be pieces that you will want to wear again. It may sound obvious, but many women think only to buy lingerie that looks good in a picture, but would never want to wear again either because it doesn’t fit properly or it just isn’t comfortable. Your boudoir lingerie should be 3 things: comfortable, sexy and wearable. Think about it, what are you going to wear when you give the boudoir album to your partner? Double the pleasure by wearing one of your lingerie outfits when you give the gift.
When I work with boudoir clients, I first ask them some questions, not about sizing, but about themselves. As with any outfit, your lingerie choices should reflect the real you, not a pre-conceived idea of what is sexy. Here are two important questions to ask yourself when planning your wardrobe:
- What is your personality type? Are you playful and flirty, daring and not afraid to take chances or more reserved and conservative?
- What style boudoir do you want? Dark and sensual, soft and romantic or minimalistic and modern?
Secondly, I discuss lingerie options. Usually the personality matches up with the stylistic tone of the boudoir photos. For example:
- An outgoing, flirty personality matches well with a soft and romantic setting
- A reserved woman tends to go for lots of silhouettes and simple backdrops
- The daring woman wants the dark and seductive boudoir set that portrays her inner vixen
it is very important to do this reflective exercise and wear lingerie that doesn’t feel like a costume so that you can be more confident and comfortable in front of the camera! So here are some general guidelines:
1. Coquettes – You want lingerie that is classically romantic, pretty and soft. A chemise or babydoll is a modern take on the traditional negligée and is perfect for romancing and sleeping in! Try the Love Me Babydoll by Shell Belle Couture or the Great Gatsby Chemise by Shell Belle Couture
2. Fashionistas – You want lingerie that is uncomplicated, stylish and easy to wear. A matching bra and panty set with fashionable thigh highs is just the thing for a sophisticated, sexy look! Try Meet Me at Midnight by Samantha Chang or the Amandine by Christine Quartier la Tente.
3. Femme Fatales – You want lingerie that is edgy, seductive and naughty. A garter belt with matching bra and panty set definitely sets the tone for a daringly, seductive look! Try Leonor by Christine Quartier la Tente or Messina by Bordelle. [We love these!]
I am always available to assist you individually, should you want personal advice. Just send me a note on our online chat or email me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org